Who is Earl’s Organic Produce?
Founded in 1988, Earl’s Organic Produce is a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California. EOP has grown year over year since the day it began. We continue to expand, although we do it without over analyzing and with no formal business plan. We are successful by being passionate and great at what we do.
Many places are hiring, why work at EOP?
We are renowned for our quality and superior service; what people don’t know is how great our culture and benefit packages are. We provide a highly competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, voluntary life, identity protection, AFLAC plans, transit plans, plus a company-sponsored 401k which matches up to 4%. We PAY your duty-free meal break. After one year of employment, we pay 100% of medical benefits for the employee. Additionally, employees get produce at a discount and sporadic free produce on our daily “employee rack.” We barbeque and have employee appreciate days several times per month. We dress casually, no suits allowed.
More about the position….
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for supervising all daily activities of the drivers to ensure safety, on-time delivery, efficient routing (productivity/miles), maintenance of the trucks, and excellent customer service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the route schedule to ensure all drivers are following their assigned route and deliveries are made safely within the customers delivery window;
- Manage truck difficulties (breakdown, accidents, delays, etc.) and allocate resources to ensure deliveries are made within customers delivery window;
- Take the lead in communicating delays to customers, managers, and sales people effectively;
- Manage the driver debrief process for every route. Ensure there is documentation (manifest, PDT receipt, etc.) for every customer transaction. Update route comments as required;
- Develop relationships with customers and establish contacts that are comfortable providing accurate service feedback;
- Monitor operations and staff and recommend, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources;
- Monitor on-time delivery, productivity and route efficiencies, report on trends, and recommend and implement changes to continually improve;
- Complete daily yard walk;
- Conduct thorough pre-trip & post-trip safety checks;
- Maintain accurate trips logs and related reports;
- Provide excellent customer service at every opportunity;
- Obtain necessary delivery receipts;
- Organize and secure all route related paperwork;
- Pick-up dispatched backhauls in a timely manner;
- Check returned trucks for damage and truck condition;
- Manage route paperwork;
- Assign truck/customer keys and gas cards;
- Communicate any route changes or special instructions to drivers, gather and e-mail routing report;
- Coordinate daily late/second deliveries;
- Manage BIT records;
- Manage maintenance/Ryder systems;
- Ensure work is performed safely at all times;
- Wear proper safety equipment at all times;
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Position requirements include:
- Minimum High School degree required.
- Minimum one year experience supervising others.
- 2 – 3 years delivery driving experience, preferably with a fresh produce company.
- Valid California Class A, B, or C driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Familiarity with DOT regulations required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service ability.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a time pressured environment.
- Ability to respond to feedback from others.
- Ability to maintain respect and composure in stressful situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to support other team members.
- High energy!
- Desire to grow individually and to learn how to best support other team members.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
The above is only a basic description of the position and it does not, nor is it intended to, outline all of the specifics of the responsibilities expected to be performed.
Earl’s Organic Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work to embrace diversity in all its forms and strive to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Change Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wage range: depending on experience, we are open to discussing.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. You can come in person to:
Earl’s Organic Produce
2101 Jerrold Ave, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94124
We would love to speak with you!
Source link http://www.earlsorganic.com/uncategorized/now-hiring-transportation-supervisor/